Monday, May 9, 2011

Next Step

Easily, anger and bitterness could flare within when I realized that I have been walking down the exact same road leading no where. I can worry, I can question God's will, wonder through sleepless nights and heartache days, and walk around secluding myself from the world but where would that leave me. Still on the outside looking in. I walk away not with anger but with excitement knowing that the next step in Gods plan is more perfect than I could ever imagine. It hurts but only to an extent. Not that it didn't mean much. It meant a lot. More than I wish to admit, but still I see a blessing lying in the works. This was a stepping stone to something greater. Something I may not understand until that time comes and I look back and realize that I finally found the right road to journey on. I'll look back and realize that I walked through consecutive open doors. Doors that had been unlocked the entire time. I was just trying to open a door that was shut. Beyond today lies a tomorrow of promises obtained, prayers answered, dreams come true. I will walk through a new door. Closing the recent one with one last sigh. I'll turn around. Breathe in. Breathe out. Crooked grin. Move on

Ain't nothing like walking in steps ordered by the Lord.

Psalms 37:23

No comments:

Post a Comment