Friday, August 3, 2012

ADMIT 2012

This is, more than anything, for the Tulsa kids that apparently read my blog (and here I thought I was just writing and no one was reading it).

ADMIT is over but it will not be my last year I attend. God truly blessed me this trip allowing me to fly out to Tulsa round trip all expense paid trip not to mention being able to hang out with Bishop Howard, Bishop Garret and Pastor Myers all day Saturday. It was probably the best part of the trip outside of the messages. Hearing the alligator hunting stories from Bishop, Lanna Thai (yummmmmmmmmmm) with Bishop, Bishop, and Pastor, learning Oakie Speak from Bishop Howard, having a peppermint candy all of a sudden chucked at my face at 205 mph by Bishop Howard to test my reflexes. Gods so very good to me. This boy don't deserve crumbs off the masters table. The services. The messages, good Lord, were power packed and definitely changed me for the better for my ministry. Messages that reminded, that challenged, that pricked me to go find a corner and pray till I gained Gods grace. Capped all off with Bishop Garrett preaching what has been driving him lately even back at home... Good ol raw, stripped, uncut, blunt, straight forward DOCTRINE. Who we are and what we are and not to forget it as we go back home and have revival.

Tulsa church, thanks for the hospitality, accommodations, fellowship, food, endless amounts of peppermint candies in the foyer. Thank you for rescuing me at Chili's Friday night. WHY DO WE ALWAYS WAIT TILL THE VERY LAST OF A MEETING TO TALK??? Sheesh. Maybe at Heritage or...Youth Camp (yes I am considering it, Tulsa Youth for Truth) we will be able to talk more Day ONE so that when we part ways, we will have memories to share with our grandchildren and great grandchildren and..well maybe that's a little too far.

Kristen, Brittany, Jonathon, Trenton, Darren or Adam or whatever, Texas dude.. Travis???? .. this post is so that you can have something new or from this year at least to read.

Until we see one another again!

Btw, side note, ps... I have never seen so many trees in my life. I know there is more as you go South but I'm a country boy in desert land, we don't have trees like Tulsa has trees.

I approve.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel so special to have a blog post dedicated to us Tulsan Okies. Sniff. Thanks.
    I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!! We always have a blast at ADMIT, especially on Friday because we're exhausted, and everything's hilarious all day long. Hope you're able to come again, esp to Camp...that would be AWESOME, I can't even explain it.
    BTW...after everyone left and returned home it cooled down...for about a day. It rained Saturday, which put a lot of the fires we were having OUT (thank the LORD). It didn't even reach 100 degrees yesterday, and it was about 103 today. We might need to pull out our snow gear for this cool front.
    ANYWAY, I'm rambling...good to see you and actually know who you were this time. Till next time!

    (I told Britt you add you to her blog list, so she should here soon...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all should!! I don't dedicated post to certain people much (well never and mainly cause I don't post much lol)

    This will definitely not be my last year. I'm already asking people by the freeway and at gas stations for change for next years plane ticket.

    That fire was BRUTAL!! When we went to go see y'all Spanish church and on the way to the airport, we were coughing up fire and smoke and well...kinda. Our throats were hurting at least..

    It's a good thing I didn't rent the snowblower cause i didn't need it after all since it didn't snow while I was there so thank God for that and that y'all fires were put out by rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and yes it was nice to see y'all and say hi knowing yall knew who I was lol it would be awkward if you didn't and I just sat with y'all at Chili's all non chalant. Y'all would look at me like whaaaaaaaaaa????

    Yes!!! Someone will actually be following me now! Now the pressure is on for me to actually post (bites nails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeeeeeeey!!!!!

    WOO HOO!! A post about Tulsa...the best post on this blog yet:) I feel like a celebrity!
    Glad you enjoyed yourself! ADMIT is always a blast. Tons of work, yes, but also tons of fun! Also, glad we got to hang out on Friday night. It was fun! Hope we could make a lasting impression on the Arizona dude:)
    Sorry the heat was so bad. The hottest week in Tulsa, just so happened to be the week of ADMIT. Awesome.
    You should definitely think REALLY hard about coming to camp! It's AMAAAAAZING!
    Be careful though, flying peppermints are always making their way through the air. Don't get yourself killed or anything:)

    Until Next Time,
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. Red carpet treatment and everything of course lol
    Oh y'all did. From Friday night with y'all, to Saturday with the elders and Lanna Thai chicken panang (dreamy look in the eyes...) and other things, y'all made a good impression on this Arizona dude. Lol
    Thanks for y'alls hard work too. I know that it takes a lot to do all y'all did. Pastor told me that Bishop Howard is pretty precise and tough on putting on events. And he does the same thing with us lol but it is still fun and worth it.
    It was hot but its ok, I'm used to heat. I AM from Phoenix. Lol
    I am! I told you about my decision to go to camp on YOUR post lol

    Bishop threw the peppermint at me and I almost caught it before it hit me in the face and he was all nice reflexes...I would've hit you in the nose...Pretty good reflexes for an old man huh lol from that point on I watched him out of the corner of my eye especially when he got candy from one of the three jars on his desk (which I loved :) joly ranchers..now or laters..)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeyyy MGJr!!! Its the Texas dude here, Travis. It was great to meet you at ADMIT. Def was a fun night at Chili's! Thanks for the post dedication btw, makes this Texan feel right humble....That doesnt happen often, jsut so you know. Oh, Brother, you want to see trees? No offense to Tulsa, but East Texas is not called the Piney Woods for nothing. Trees are everywhere and more densely populated than up there. You wouldnt know what to do with all of them lol

    Well, talk with ya later man. Again, good to meet you,

    The Texas Dude- Travis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I thought that your name was Travis but I rather call you Texas dude that try and figure out what your name is and completely butcher it!

    Yeah I know how you Texans are. Lol

    You know I have never been South but I hear that trees consume most of the South so I am going to have to check it out.

    It was good to meet you. Maybe we will get to hang out at Tulsa camp or somewhere down the dusty road, we will cross paths.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA!!! you crack me up! I don't think that you know me...I'm Lauren, Trenton's sister (though he usually doesn't claim me...jk)...He keeps talking about you since that night at Chili's.


    BTW: You REALLY should come to camp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! First Kristen, then Brittany, then Travis, now Luaren.. Seems like I've made some good friends with Tulsa (and Atlanta, TX)

    And I'm getting multiple invites to camp!

    Lauren: hope all that Trenton is saying is good lol

    ReplyDelete